From Breakpoint To Advantage: A Practical Guide to Optimal Tennis Health and Performance
"A definitive tennis medicine resource book." Brian Hainline, chief medical officer, U.S. Open Tennis Championship
"This book is a good tool to better prevent and treat injuries. Every coach, therapist, player, and parent should know what's inside it." Juan Carlos Ferrero, Roland Garros Champion
Muscle imbalance, microtrauma, insufficient recovery, and biomechanical compensations are among the top health risks that tennis players encounter when competing and practicing too much.
This sports medicine guide to playing healthy tennis includes the description, treatment, and prevention of all tennis injuries and ailments, as well as recommendations for training, nutrition, and equipment selection.
Consideration is also given to the specific physical risks that junior, veteran, female, and wheelchair athletes may encounter. Other topics include doping, overtraining, and traveling.
With over 500 photos and illustrations, this book is an indispensable guide for players, coaches, parents, and sports medicine professionals.
Healthy tennis topics include:
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Descriptions, symptoms, and treatments for all tennis injuries and ailments.
- Stroke mechanics and injury.
- Training programs for flexibility, balance, stabilization, and strength.
- Proper nutrition and fuel for the tennis body.
- Equipment selection for health and performance.
- Special considerations for juniors, vets, women, and wheelchair athletes.
- Issues of interest including overtraining, doping, and traveling.